Brief Club Introduction
- RJWC is a volunteer service organization which has been a part of the Rochester community for more than 50 years
- The club currently has approximately eighty women who are committed to continuing our history of serving the needs of our community
- We are committed to supporting numerous area charities and non-profit organizations through hands-on volunteering as well as fund-raising
- Since our inception, the Rochester Junior Woman’s Club has provided more than 1 million hours of community service and raised more than $820,000 to support the local community
- From September 2012 to June 2013, the club donated more than $33,000 to charitable organizations, provided more than 5,000 hands-on volunteer hours to the community and we managed to have a little fun in the process as well!
“When we work together everyone shines”
2013-2014 Club Symbol
“Serving Our Community”
Red and White
Service to the many who need us, sociability to those who want us, study the great need of self
Keep us, oh God, from pettiness
Let us be large in thought, in word, in deed.
Let us be done with fault-finding and leave off self-seeking.
May we put away all pretense and meet each other face to
face, without self-pity and without prejudice.
May we never be hasty in judgment and always generous.
Let us take time for all things.
Make us grow calm, serene, gentle.
Teach us to put into action our better impulses, straightforward and unafraid.
Grant that we may realize it is the little things that create differences,
that in the big things of life we are as one.
And may we strive to touch and to know the great common human
heart of us all.
And, Oh Lord God, let us forget not to be kind.
The Junior Pledge
I pledge my loyalty to the Junior Clubwomen by doing better than ever before, what work I have to do.
By being prompt, honest, courteous.
By living each day, trying to accomplish something not merely to exist.
- No upcoming events
- Rochester Junior Woman’s Club Awards Posted on: Jun 1st, 2014
- Rochester Junior Woman’s Club Gives Back to Sixteen Area Organizations Posted on: May 27th, 2014
- Rochester Junior Woman’s Club Presents Donations to Meadow Brook Hall and Rochester Area Neighborhood House Posted on: May 22nd, 2014
- Rochester Junior Woman’s Club presents donation to Crittenton Hospital’s Camisole Fund Posted on: May 14th, 2014