Brief Club Introduction
- RJWC is a volunteer service organization which has been a part of the Rochester community for almost 60 years
- The club currently has approximately eighty women who are committed to continuing our history of serving the needs of our community
- We are committed to supporting numerous area charities and non-profit organizations through hands-on volunteering as well as fund-raising
- Since our inception, the Rochester Junior Woman’s Club has provided more than 1 million hours of community service and raised more than $890,000 to support the local community
- From September 2014 to June 2015, the club donated more than $30,000 to charitable organizations, provided more than 5,000 hands-on volunteer hours to the community and we managed to have a little fun in the process as well!
“ We are building bridges and making connections”
2015-2016 Club Symbol
“Serving Our Community”
Red and White
Service to the many who need us, sociability to those who want us, study the great need of self
Keep us, oh God, from pettiness
Let us be large in thought, in word, in deed.
Let us be done with fault-finding and leave off self-seeking.
May we put away all pretense and meet each other face to
face, without self-pity and without prejudice.
May we never be hasty in judgment and always generous.
Let us take time for all things.
Make us grow calm, serene, gentle.
Teach us to put into action our better impulses, straightforward and unafraid.
Grant that we may realize it is the little things that create differences,
that in the big things of life we are as one.
And may we strive to touch and to know the great common human
heart of us all.
And, Oh Lord God, let us forget not to be kind.
The Junior Pledge
I pledge my loyalty to the Junior Clubwomen by doing better than ever before, what work I have to do.
By being prompt, honest, courteous.
By living each day, trying to accomplish something not merely to exist.
- June 9, 20166 PM Installation of new members and officers
- June 18, 2016Relay for Life 9AM for 24 hours
- June 26, 2016GFWC International Conference in Baltimore
- Rochester Junior Woman’s Club Awards Scholarships Posted on: May 29th, 2016
- RJWC “Haute to Trot” event raised funds for four local charities Posted on: May 23rd, 2016
- Local organizations celebrate their accomplishments at the Inter-Service Club Dinner Posted on: Apr 18th, 2016
- RJWC Annual Spring Luncheon Raised Funds For Four Local Organizations Posted on: Apr 3rd, 2016