Brief Club Introduction
- RJWC is a volunteer service organization which has been a part of the Rochester community for more than 50 years
- The club currently has approximately eighty women who are committed to continuing our history of serving the needs of our community
- We are committed to supporting numerous area charities and non-profit organizations through hands-on volunteering as well as fund-raising
- Since our inception, the Rochester Junior Woman’s Club has provided more than 1 million hours of community service and raised more than $820,000 to support the local community
- From September 2013 to June 2014, the club donated more than $30,000 to charitable organizations, provided more than 5,000 hands-on volunteer hours to the community and we managed to have a little fun in the process as well!
“Connections- Each of us has strengths and skills to share. And when we connect our individual strengths together, we’re invincible.”
2014-2015 Club Symbol
“Serving Our Community”
Red and White
Service to the many who need us, sociability to those who want us, study the great need of self
Keep us, oh God, from pettiness
Let us be large in thought, in word, in deed.
Let us be done with fault-finding and leave off self-seeking.
May we put away all pretense and meet each other face to
face, without self-pity and without prejudice.
May we never be hasty in judgment and always generous.
Let us take time for all things.
Make us grow calm, serene, gentle.
Teach us to put into action our better impulses, straightforward and unafraid.
Grant that we may realize it is the little things that create differences,
that in the big things of life we are as one.
And may we strive to touch and to know the great common human
heart of us all.
And, Oh Lord God, let us forget not to be kind.
The Junior Pledge
I pledge my loyalty to the Junior Clubwomen by doing better than ever before, what work I have to do.
By being prompt, honest, courteous.
By living each day, trying to accomplish something not merely to exist.
- March 5, 2015Board Meeting (board members only)
- March 10, 2015Book Club (members only)
- March 12, 2015New Member Dept. Mtg. (board and prospective members)
- March 19, 2015General Membership Meeting (members only)
- March 21, 2015Spring Luncheon
- Rochester Junior Woman’s Club raises funds for 4 local charities Posted on: Feb 1st, 2015
- Rochester Junior Woman’s Club to host “Spring Highlights” annual boutique shopping event and luncheon at the Royal Park Hotel to benefit Crittenton Hospital Medical Center Foundation, Posted on: Jan 18th, 2015
- RJWC hosts 2014 GWC Southeastern District Conference Posted on: Oct 5th, 2014
- The 16th Annual Lobster Boil - You Plan the Party, The Rochester Junior Woman’s Club Will Cook Posted on: Aug 12th, 2014