(formerly known as Girlstown Foundation)
RJWC is proud to support Guiding Harbor with funding each year through the GFWC program “Pennies a Day.”
Guiding Harbor is a private, non-profit organization founded by the General Federation of Women’s Clubs, Michigan (GFWC-MI), that provides child caring and child placement services for abused and neglected children. Their services include: Foster Care, Supervised Independent Living and a Residential Program. Guiding Harbor is licensed by the Department of Human Services (DHS).
Guiding Harbor provides children, young men and women and their families with a safe and nurturing environment and specialized services. All services are individually designed to be responsive and unique to our consumers needs. Each of GuidingHarbor’s programs provides services with dignity, respect and professionalism to assist their consumers to reach their full potential.
Currently they service Permanent or Temporary Court Wards from birth through 21 years of age, who have been adjudicated as Court Wards in the State of Michigan. The children that are placed with the agency, are primarily from Southeastern Michigan communities, however, GuidingHarbor does accept children from other out-county placements.
http://www.guidingharbor.org/ (888) 281-6531.
- October 27, 2014Scrapbook Meeting (members only)
- October 28, 2014Dinner Club (members only)
- October 30, 2014Learn More Now Luncheon (members only)
- November 6, 2014Board Meeting (board members only)
- November 8, 2014Carson's Community Days book sales (members only)
- RJWC hosts 2014 GWC Southeastern District Conference Posted on: Oct 5th, 2014
- The 16th Annual Lobster Boil - You Plan the Party, The Rochester Junior Woman’s Club Will Cook Posted on: Aug 12th, 2014
- Rochester Junior Woman’s Club Awards Posted on: Jun 1st, 2014
- Rochester Junior Woman’s Club Gives Back to Sixteen Area Organizations Posted on: May 27th, 2014