(formerly known as Girlstown Foundation)
RJWC is proud to support Guiding Harbor with funding each year through the GFWC program “Pennies a Day.”
Guiding Harbor is a private, non-profit organization founded by the General Federation of Women’s Clubs, Michigan (GFWC-MI), that provides child caring and child placement services for abused and neglected children. Their services include: Foster Care, Supervised Independent Living and a Residential Program. Guiding Harbor is licensed by the Department of Human Services (DHS).
Guiding Harbor provides children, young men and women and their families with a safe and nurturing environment and specialized services. All services are individually designed to be responsive and unique to our consumers needs. Each of GuidingHarbor’s programs provides services with dignity, respect and professionalism to assist their consumers to reach their full potential.
Currently they service Permanent or Temporary Court Wards from birth through 21 years of age, who have been adjudicated as Court Wards in the State of Michigan. The children that are placed with the agency, are primarily from Southeastern Michigan communities, however, GuidingHarbor does accept children from other out-county placements.
http://www.guidingharbor.org/ (888) 281-6531.
- June 26, 2016GFWC International Conference in Baltimore
- Rochester Junior Woman's Club Gives Back to Ten Charitable Organizations Posted on: Jun 20th, 2016
- Rochester Junior Woman's Club Celebrates 60 Years in the Community! Posted on: Jun 20th, 2016
- Rochester Junior Woman’s Club Presents Donations to Four Local Organizations Posted on: Jun 18th, 2016
- Rochester Junior Woman’s Club Awards Scholarships Posted on: May 29th, 2016