(formerly known as Girlstown Foundation)
RJWC is proud to support Guiding Harbor with funding each year through the GFWC program “Pennies a Day.”
Guiding Harbor is a private, non-profit organization founded by the General Federation of Women’s Clubs, Michigan (GFWC-MI), that provides child caring and child placement services for abused and neglected children. Their services include: Foster Care, Supervised Independent Living and a Residential Program. Guiding Harbor is licensed by the Department of Human Services (DHS).
Guiding Harbor provides children, young men and women and their families with a safe and nurturing environment and specialized services. All services are individually designed to be responsive and unique to our consumers needs. Each of GuidingHarbor’s programs provides services with dignity, respect and professionalism to assist their consumers to reach their full potential.
Currently they service Permanent or Temporary Court Wards from birth through 21 years of age, who have been adjudicated as Court Wards in the State of Michigan. The children that are placed with the agency, are primarily from Southeastern Michigan communities, however, GuidingHarbor does accept children from other out-county placements.
http://www.guidingharbor.org/ (888) 281-6531.
- June 11, 2015 6:00 pmInstallation
- June 13, 2015GFWC International Convention (members only)
- June 25, 2015Joint Board Meeting
- October 9, 2015GFWC Great Lakes Region Conference (members only)
- RJWC “Haute to Trot” event raised funds for four local charities Posted on: May 20th, 2015
- Rochester Junior Woman’s Club Gives Back to Nine Area Organizations Posted on: Apr 26th, 2015
- RJWC Annual Spring Luncheon Raised Funds For Four Local Organizations Posted on: Apr 6th, 2015
- Rochester Junior Woman’s Club to host "Haute to Trot" Kentucky Derby event Posted on: Mar 24th, 2015