(formerly known as Girlstown Foundation)
RJWC is proud to support Guiding Harbor with funding each year through the GFWC program “Pennies a Day.”
Guiding Harbor is a private, non-profit organization founded by the General Federation of Women’s Clubs, Michigan (GFWC-MI), that provides child caring and child placement services for abused and neglected children. Their services include: Foster Care, Supervised Independent Living and a Residential Program. Guiding Harbor is licensed by the Department of Human Services (DHS).
Guiding Harbor provides children, young men and women and their families with a safe and nurturing environment and specialized services. All services are individually designed to be responsive and unique to our consumers needs. Each of GuidingHarbor’s programs provides services with dignity, respect and professionalism to assist their consumers to reach their full potential.
Currently they service Permanent or Temporary Court Wards from birth through 21 years of age, who have been adjudicated as Court Wards in the State of Michigan. The children that are placed with the agency, are primarily from Southeastern Michigan communities, however, GuidingHarbor does accept children from other out-county placements.
http://www.guidingharbor.org/ (888) 281-6531.
- September 1, 2015Ed Dept meeting 7PM
- September 15, 2015Book Club 7 PM
- October 3, 2015PCCA Exhibition 10-3, 4-7PM Arts Dept
- October 9, 2015GFWC Great Lakes Region Conference (members only)
- October 10, 2015Rochester Stonewall Pumpkin Festival, 9:30-12, 12-4 Arts Dept
- It’s Been a Busy Year for the Rochester Junior Woman’s Club! Posted on: Aug 18th, 2015
- The 17th Annual Lobster Boil – You Plan the Party, The Rochester Junior Woman’s Club Will Cook Posted on: Jul 28th, 2015
- Rochester Junior Woman’s Club Will Be Raising Funds for Four Charities Posted on: Jul 28th, 2015
- Rochester Junior Woman’s Club Announces New Officers for 2015-2016 Posted on: Jun 29th, 2015