Rochester, MI (April 28, 2014) – The Rochester Junior Woman’s Club recently donated more than $900 to both the Older Persons Commission’s Acts of Kindness program and the Rochester Area Neighborhood House.
The club presented checks to Rose Govig from the Acts of Kindness program and Linda Riggs, the Executive Director of Rochester Area Neighborhood House, at the club’s general meeting on March 20th. The donated funds were raised at the club’s annual Christmas Dinner and Auction.
“Our club wanted to make the donation to help the OPC-sponsored Acts of Kindness program because they use the funds, along with skilled volunteers, to help seniors with specific repair needs. And, Rochester Area Neighborhood has been a recipient of the funds from this event for many years to help them in assisting our neighbors during times of hardship. We felt both of these organizations fill a real need in our community and we wanted to be part of supporting both,” said Club President Kathy Lewis.
For over 50 years the Rochester Junior Woman’s Club has been proud to contribute to the growth and vitality of the community through volunteer service and donation of funds to local charities and organizations. Since their inception, the Rochester Junior Woman’s Club has donated more than one million hours of community service and raised more than $820,000 to support the local community.
If you are interested in learning more information about the club please contact Cyndi at (248) 941-7991 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also visit their website at www.rjwc.org or follow them on Facebook at “Rochester Junior Woman’s Club.
- June 9, 20166 PM Installation of new members and officers
- June 18, 2016Relay for Life 9AM for 24 hours
- June 26, 2016GFWC International Conference in Baltimore
- RJWC “Haute to Trot” event raised funds for four local charities Posted on: May 23rd, 2016
- Local organizations celebrate their accomplishments at the Inter-Service Club Dinner Posted on: Apr 18th, 2016
- RJWC Annual Spring Luncheon Raised Funds For Four Local Organizations Posted on: Apr 3rd, 2016
- Rochester Junior Woman’s Club to host “Haute to Trot” Kentucky Derby event Posted on: Mar 21st, 2016