Rochester Junior Woman’s Club Presents Donations to Meadow Brook Hall and Rochester Area Neighborhood House
Rochester, MI – (May 19, 2014) – The Rochester Junior Woman’s Club (RIWC) recently presented donations for more than $25,000 to two local organizations; Meadow Brook Hall and Rochester Area Neighborhood House.
Kim Zelinski, Director of Museum Operations and Advancement at Meadow Brook Hall and Linda Riggs, Executive Director of Rochester Area Neighborhood House, were on hand at the Rochester Community House on May 15th as club president Kathy Lewis presented the organizations with their checks.
The two organizations were previously chosen as the designated recipients of the clubs 2013-2014 fundraising year. Each April, the club’s Donation Committee reviews the requests they receive from local organizations requesting support. Based on the committee’s recommendations, the club selects their annual recipients.
Last May, the club chose to raise funds for Meadow Brook Hall for the Historical Interpretation of Danny Dodge’s Cabin and Workshop and for Rochester Area Neighborhood to assist them in the efforts to provide financial assistance in the areas of shelter, utilities and transportation, food and clothing assistance and other basic needs to those clients who cannot meet these obligations without other means.
To raise the funds for the organizations, the club held three major fundraisers. The first was their 15th annual Lobster Boil which took place on Saturday, September 28, 2013 where more than 1500 fresh lobsters were sold. The next event was “An Evening at the Great Estate,” a strolling dinner and silent auction held at Meadow Brook Hall on January 25, 2014. The last event of the year was their annual boutique shopping event and luncheon “Spring Highlights,” which was held at the Royal Park Hotel on March 29, 2014 with more than 400 guests in attendance.
For over 50 years the Rochester Junior Woman’s Club has contributed to the growth and vitality of the community through volunteer service and donation of funds to local charities and organizations. Since its inception, the Rochester Junior Woman’s Club has donated more than 1 million hours of community service and raised more than $850,000 to support the local community
If your organization would like to submit a request for consideration for next year, please visit their website at www.rjwc.org. The dead line to submit requests is March 31st each year.
If you are interested in learning more information about the club please contact Cyndi at (248) 941-7991 or email@example.com. You can also visit their website at www.rjwc.org or follow them on Facebook at “Rochester Junior Woman’s Club.
- October 2, 2014Board Meeting (board members only)
- October 4, 2014GFWC SED Conference (members only)
- October 10, 2014GFWC Great Lakes Conference (members only)
- October 14, 2014Book Club (members only)
- October 16, 2014General Membership Meeting (members/guests only)
- The 16th Annual Lobster Boil - You Plan the Party, The Rochester Junior Woman’s Club Will Cook Posted on: Aug 12th, 2014
- Rochester Junior Woman’s Club Awards Posted on: Jun 1st, 2014
- Rochester Junior Woman’s Club Gives Back to Sixteen Area Organizations Posted on: May 27th, 2014
- Rochester Junior Woman’s Club Presents Donations to Meadow Brook Hall and Rochester Area Neighborhood House Posted on: May 22nd, 2014