Our History

The Rochester Junior Women’s Club was established in 1956 with 16 members, and today has over 70 members who always come together to support one another.

The Rochester Junior Women’s Club has contributed to the growth and vitality of the community through volunteer service and donation of funds to local charities and organizations. Since its inception, the Rochester Junior Women’s Club has donated more than 1 million hours of community service and raised more than $9100,000 to support the local community.

Members of RJWC have helped found many institutions in the Rochester community; Rochester Community House, Crittenton Hospital, Rochester Hills Public Library, Rochester YMCA, Older Persons Commission (OPC) and the League of Women Voters all were started with the support of club members.

The group also provides hands on support to the Avon Players, Paint Creek Center for the Arts, Rochester Hills Museum at Van Hoosen Farm including the annual Stonewall Pumpkin Festival, the Older Persons Commission, and Dinosaur Hill Nature Center. They also provide two scholarships annually through the Greater Rochester Community Foundation.

In addition, past fundraisers have benefited Avon Players, Band of Angels, Blessings in a Backpack, Crittenton Hospital Foundation, Dinosaur Hill Nature Preserve, Friends of the Paint Creek Trail, Leader Dogs for the Blind, Meadow Brook Center for Learning Differences, Meadow Brook Hall, Meadow Brook Hall Garden Club, Older Persons Commission (OPC), Paint a Miracle, Paint Creek Center for the Arts, Rainbow Connection, Rochester Area Neighborhood House, Rochester Area Recreational Authority (RARA) Rochester Community House, Rochester Hills Museum at Van Hoosen Farm, Rochester Hills Public Library, Rochester Symphony Orchestra (RSO), South Oakland Shelter, Vista Maria and many other worthy organizations.